Sunday, April 8, 2012

Babes and Buffnesses

Heard of the expression, "Out of the mouths of babes..."??  Once upon a time I was creative.  I even used to have a few good design ideas.  Somehow as time has passed my ability to eye things for size, fit, color match, and other design elements has dwindled.  So sad.

Take for instance the plate and bowl tower that I tried to create for Autie's Open House.  The middle part - the champagne flute - really should have had a wider rim to hold the bowl.  But it looked good to me, until Autie pointed out the obvious.

There was more 'obvious' to be found with the second attempt on a tower, but advice coming from a boy 'babe' (he'll KILL me for calling him that).  I found another champagne glass - not a flute this time - at the Goodwill.  I really liked its empty stem - looked like it was calling out for a stem of daisies to dress up the tower.



Anthony was eating (again) at the kitchen nook and watching me.  I dropped the stem of three daisies into the stem, smiling and gloating a little, exclaiming how much I loved the glass, especially how it held the flowers.  As I placed the bowl on top - Squish went the flowers, completely out of sight by the bowl.  Oh, the laughter from Babe Buffness.









He sauntered over, took the bowl off, flipped the champagne glass over, and placed the bowl onto the bottom (now top) of the glass.  Yeah, he was smiling and gloating the whole time, too.





So now, thanks to babes and buffnesses, we have a few cute raised thing-a-ma-jigs for the Open House!

No comments:

Post a Comment