Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Cleaning

Saturday morning I was honored with the opportunity to share in a class called Cheaper and Better at my neighbor's church.  What a fun group of ladies was present!  And I learned a lot, got to bring home more cleaning recipes and ideas, plus helped the ladies make a powder sink/ tub cleanser along with a Soft Scrub imitation cleanser.

I wish I had brought pictures of our garage sink.  I did not take notice of the sink since early fall, so when I actually stopped and looked at it last week I was grossed out.  It was disgusting.  But on the bright side, a fun project because it was so gross.  I decided to use my homemade cleanser and see how it cleaned, although I was tempted to jerk the sink off the wall and take it to the dump.



This DISGUSTING sink....


Plus homemade cleanser - recipe below - and a cloth.....

got the sink this clean.  Good, but not good enough....



So I used a little more cleanser and a green scrubbie to finish it up!
This is an old, antique sink and in our over-used garage.
This cleanser is super!  See below for recipe:
Recipe for imitation Soft Scrub:
Plan to mix this in a good sized bowl, as it will fizz from the baking soda and vinegar combination.  And storing it in a squirt bottle is a good idea -it will be thicker, like Soft Scrub.  (If it thickens, then just add a little more water and shake it up.)
2/3 c. baking soda
1/2 c. Castile soap (liquid)
2 T. vinegar
1/2 c. water
a few drops of tea tree oil

Use a funnel to transfer from bowl to squirt bottle and clean away!

No comments:

Post a Comment