Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Another Re-do

My mum gave me a velour sleeveless sheath dress in a lovely blue.  The size is a junior's 7, but I put it on Laney who is a child's 7.  It puddled on the floor and gaped around the neck.  The perfect dress to try a redo!

I shortened the dress at the shoulders, making the bodice fit better and raising the armholes.  Then I took it in on each side by 1/2 inch and cut off over one foot in length.  A simple hem using a fancy stitch that Laney picked out and the dress was done.
Best sewing machine in the world!
19 years old and still going strong!

As Laney and I sat at the sewing table, we eyed the extra fabric from shortening the dress.  This knit velour fabric might work for the frilly t-shirt scarves that I made as a few gifts.  The idea to do so was found at Restitch Me, as usual. Kelly made a beautiful red frilly scarf for her daughter.



So, in under 10 minutes we cut out and stitched a matching frilly scarf, using up all the extra fabric.  Laney may wear it with the dress, or with her dressy coat which is a dark blue and grey.




Wow, was that fun and rewarding.  A big thank you to Mum for the dress!  And to Laney for the modeling!





No comments:

Post a Comment